Terms and Conditions
School Transport Non-State
- Pick-up times will be assigned by the operator a few weeks prior to the beginning of the school term. Such times will be at the discretion of the operator and shall be reasonable and constant.
- Pick-up / Drop-off locations will be designated by the operator and shall be as close as possible to each requirement.
- The vehicle will depart at the times assigned and agreed upon. It is the responsibility of the student/guardian if the bus is missed.
- Confirmation of bookings shall be made in line with the legal seating capacity of the vehicle to be supplied. Over bookings will be dealt separately and accommodated on other vehicles only if available.
- No payments are to be made to the driver on duty. The Ministry for Education and Employment (MEDE) is to finance the School transport.
- MEDE stipulates various conditions and students/guardians must be abided by them to be entitled the service.
- This agreement will remain in effect and be binding upon the parties up to to the end of each scholastic Year.
- The operator may subcontract its operations to authorised operators if necessary.
- The operator gives its advice on journey time in good faith however as a result of vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion or other events beyond the reasonable control of the driver, journeys may take longer than predicted and in these circumstances the operator will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the passengers.
- The operator accepts no liability for lost or damaged items of the passengers/students. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that personal items are not left behind. The passenger must report immediately any items left behind in order to increase the possibility to retrieve.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle and its passengers at all times. The driver may return a passenger to the starting point if his/her behaviour prejudices the safety of other passengers and him/herself. Students may be suspended or forbidden from using any school transportation in accordance with the regulations of MEDE.
- No food or beverages may be consumed inside the vehicle at any time.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times throughout the journey.
- There is absolutely no smoking, vaping or use of illegal substances allowed. Any violation will result in the termination of this contract and immediate report with the authorities concerned.
- Change in schedules are to be communicated prior to date to avoid disruption of service.
- Supervision, if any, will be only provided by MEDE.
- Students must pay the full cost of any damage they cause to the property.
- The Terms and Conditions must be acknowledged and confirmed by the students and guardians and supersede any previous terms and conditions applicable with other operators.
- The Terms and Conditions are subject to change with prior notification.
Last Updated on 28th March 2021.